Popular Posts

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The picture to the left is the nightly call to Aunt Michelle telling her about all the things we have been doing. She is sitting up all by herself at the edge of her bed, with her Aunt Sissa. I would love to be able to tell you all of the wonderful things that she did in therapy today, but for the first time she was okay with me not coming. I took this oppertunity to get some much needed sleep. Normally it would make me a little bit sad that my little girl did not want me, but in this case I am so excited. Ammy's biggest struggle in getting better is her ability to trust that the therapists wouldn't ask her to do something that her body couldn't do. I can't imagine how scary it must be for her, but the fact that she didnt need me there was a very good sign. During our break between therapy sessions Ammy was able to play some bingo. She was very excited to win a new checkers set of her very own. this has become one of her very favorite games and very much enjoyed beating her aunt sissa at it this evening. Ammy is having a hard time eating the hospital food so she had a great time when we all went to the cafeteria and got spoiled by all who had come to visit. She even got to play the WII with her Aunt Sissa in the special theater room tonight!

2 comments:

  1. Beth - so glad you got some sleep and so proud of Ammy for all her hard work and progress. Sorry about hospital food- I know that gets really tiresome. We are praying for all of you! Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so wonderful to see how God is answering our prayers. What an amazing little lady you have and that is because she has a wonderful mom and family. You must be so proud of her. Beth, it is an answer to prayer that you got some 'time off'... a day to 'catch your breath'. Thank you so much for sharing your life with all of us. We continue to keep you and your family in our prayers.

    Janice P

    ReplyDelete