Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Just one of those days


Today was just one of those days... the kind with nothing special planned. With my husbands lack of a work schedule that is how most of our days start. There was some grocery shopping and some housework. When we did not get the call at 2 that my husband was supposed to work the usual question of what we were going to do quickly followed, as usual. Today we decided on an adventure to Detroit Lake. We did a little fishing and I caught my first fish of my adult life. Ammy caught Three with her barbie fishing pole! All together our family brought home 9 fish about 12 inches each! We then set up our bonfire and had grilled steaks corn on the cob, and some salad.
Transitioning from being a student and mom with a busy schedule to a mom with no schedule has been hard for me. Days like this that start with nothing special but turn into the kind of days i know my daughter will always remember makes it a little more tolerable. Some times not having a plan can be hard to handle, and other times it can be a little blessing waiting to surface!

1 comment:

  1. You are gaining a great perspective through this stage of your journey....and now your husband has a schedule :)

    J Powell

    ReplyDelete