Popular Posts

Sunday, November 23, 2008

It was so good to be home this weekend and see so many of our friends and family. I will be able to download the pictures and give some fun details tomorrow. One of our many fun activities was going to church. Ammy had so much fun with her friends. She was very worried to go because she thought everyone would laugh at her. She was excited that everyone was very kind and the kids treated her "normal" as she said. I am continually amazed by how God uses people in my life to teach me the lessons i need to hear right when i need them and this week he used my brother, Well technically brother in law but in our family he's just another brother, and my sister mel. My brother was in charge of worship and played the song blessed be your name. For those of you who dont know the song i will type out just the verse that hit me
Blessed be your name
On the road marked with Suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
blessed be your name.
I have been doing my best to keep my spiriuts up and praise god for all the great things that he is doing, but honestly sometimes it's hard. I look at all that my family has been through and I can't help but ask why.

Later that same day my sister mel and i were discussing this very song and we realized how incredibly blessed we are. Our family has been through some hard times, but i cant think of another family who has seen so many blessings and miracles up close and very personal. I just want to take a minute to remember how great my God is
-The first was my Grandma she was extremely ill for a long time doctors couldnt figure out what was wrong with her, she even at one time had her heart stop and was declared dead and god brought her back. Just as myserously as her illness came it left and we had another good 10 years with her healthy and extremely active.
- My brother S was in a bad car accident. Looking at pictures you cannot see how he could have lived the drivers side was extremely smashed in. He walked away with just a few stitches.
-My dad was diagnosed with Cancer and given 2 weeks to live. 2 months if we were lucky. My dad lived for another 2 years, and spent most of it healthy and active.
-Brother s had an appendix rupture, and did not get it taken care of for several days after. Since he is so stubborn and thought it was nothing. He should have died from all of the poisen in his body. Instead his body made an abcese which kept the toxins contained and he is still healthy.
-Nephew E born extremely premature and had to be incubated for a few months. They did not think that he would make it and he's happy and healthy
-Nephew C had some complications when he was born, a nurse listening to her intuition checked his blood sugar level, even though this is not routine, his was extremely low and could cause all kinds of problems including brain damage. Those of you who know this little guy know he is the smartest 4 year a person could find.
- and now to my little princess. Just a few weeks ago she was completely paralyzed from the neck down. The doctors hoped that she would regain feeling, and said that if she ever walked it would take years of rehabilitation. Well, thanks to God's amazing miracles it's only been weeks and she can walk with the help of a walker.
I know there are dozens of other miraculous things that we have encountered that we just don't remember.
It is so easy for us to be angry for god for allowing these things to happen. It is much harder to remember to praise God through these things. After today I'm choosing to praise God for defeating Satan's attempts to knock us down. I praise him for giving me so many people in my life to pray for Ammy. It is making such a difference in her recovery. Her Doctors are so amazed by her. It's amazing what can happen when you place your faith in God.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart. Others have also thought how much your family has been through. I keep thinking about what a blessing it is that your family is so close and supportive and involved and that you all keep giving God credit for all He has done and is doing in your lives. You are right in that it is a choice we have to focus on the good or the bad. Thank you that you have reminded us all of that. Your family is a blessing to so many. We love you and keep on praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your "attitude of gratitude" is wonderful and will help carry you through what will probably be more difficult days. You and your family are very loved and that is a great blessing. We're praying for a good week for you and Ammy-so glad she got to be home a couple of days. "Blessed be your name" is also a favorite of mine-even when it's tough to sing.

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is good! He opens our eyes to many lessons as we travel our journey....sometimes it is a song that we have heard many times before, but this particular time --- we hear a lesson that God is teaching. So glad to hear that Ammy and all of her family had a good weekend. A little time of 'normal' :) Praying that it brought you some time of refreshing.

    Janice P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! God is so good and sometimes we do get lost in the "bad" that we forget we aren't promised a rose garden just because we are believers, in fact is usually the opposite. Your faith has hit real life and it is strong. It is ok to question, that way you find answers! God has made himself real to you and your family. I pray you continue to see him and feel his love surround you. Miss Melney

    ReplyDelete