Popular Posts

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Last Sunday I was given one of the greatest honors i think i have ever had. I got to baptize my little girl. I am so proud of the young women that she is becoming, and excited to know that at age seven she has a profound faith that surpasses even my own at times! Ammy was asked if ther were any verses that she wanted to share and these are the ones that she chose.

Romans 8:28-and we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you declares the lord plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

Joshua 1:9 -Have i not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

I love that these verses speak so much about where she has been in her life and how she is so brave. I have used these verses to try and help her see through what she is facing in the moment. i am so glad that she has placed these nuggets of truth in her heart. i know that they will follow her throughtout life.

2 comments:

  1. Your words brought tears to my eyes. Both of you have been through so much, but you should be proud that you have directed her to the one who can bring her true peace. Please know that both of you are in our prayers throughout your journey

    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful moment! Ammy's faith has touched many people in her short lifetime, and has been a strong witness for her Lord. She may be young in years, but she is old in her faith in Jesus. He has always been her friend, thanks to you and her wonderful family who have so faithfully taught her from the time she was born. Yaay Ammy! You are truly amazing!!

    ReplyDelete