Popular Posts

Friday, February 27, 2009

blue...

Spent the morning with Ammy and physically she is doing well. They had originally said she would have to lie flat for 24 hrs but she was able to sit in a wheel chair this morning for about an hour. I must admit however her spirit is not doing so well. She is very sad and not wanting to really talk with anyone. She told me she just wanted me to sit next her but not ask her any questions. I read her a few books like she asked but it seems like she was not really listening. She just liked the familiar voice and the ability to not have to respond in any way. She said she was feeling sad in her whole heart but then a little later said she felt happy a little bit too. The nurse said this is common for the day after surgery but it still hard to see and hard for Beth to watch. So as you pray for her continued healing please pray for her spirit as well. It is however not all bad that she is feeling this way as she really does need to process thru all this and she should feel sad about the things that have happened. She isn't one to always share what she is feeling so I hope as she ponders thru all this and the sadness that comes with it she will also remember the hope and the miracle of it all. For today however she can be sad...

3 comments:

  1. As Anesthesia works out of your body it can have an emotional affect- I know a lot of people who get sad & weepy post-surgery.

    We are praying for all of you! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for all of you and especially for whole healing for Ammy. It has to be hard to go through this all over again.
    We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth & Ammy, First let me tell you how brave you both are. I weep when I'm alone, hating the fact that this is happening to you & also hating the way it impacts your family.. AGAIN. Never the less, know that you both are in the arms of the KING. HE knows every tear, hurt & heart break and HE is, and will, carry you thru this. I love you little Ammy. More then you may ever know.. I am glad to be a part of your life and I will keep praying you thru this. Aunt Molly

    ReplyDelete