Popular Posts

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Toad and Frog

Ammy had her school program on Thursday night where the retold the story of frog and toad. It was cute to watch her sing and dance. Ammy can not take PE at school due to some restrictions from the doctors so she has an extra music class each week. You could tell she knew those songs so well!

She posed for some pictures after her program. She loves the camera!!!


Also a special treat of ice cream for a great performance.


A side note and kind of funny story. Well you might think it is sad but keep in mind when it comes some things laughter has to what we turn to instead of sadness:) you need to know before reading this story Ammy has been put on a very low sugar diet due to the fact that cancer is known to feed off of it.
Ammy has taken a habit to sticking a piece of grass in her mouth while she is playing. Well I just read an article warning parents about all the pesticides that cause cancer in grass and how to be careful when your kids are playing in it. I told Beth about suggesting maybe Ammy shouldn't put grass in her mouth anymore. So Beth talked with ammy and explained that sometimes there could be chemicals on grass that could cause cancer so it is best to not put it in your mouth. At this Ammy starts to cry. Beth ask hers what is wrong and she responds " everything that is fun causes cancer!"
So we are on a mission to prove her wrong :)

3 comments:

  1. Princess Ammy - I love your dress...do you think they make it in my size? It looks like you had a lot of fun performing Toad and Frog.

    When I read your story, it was easy for me to think of many things that are fun but do not cause cancer and the top of my list is going to Disney on Ice. I hope that we will get to do that this year. Will you go with me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That breaks my heart - but I am glad you are going to be helping her realize how many good things there are in our world to enjoy in spite of the bad things she has had to deal with. I'll be praying for her and you all as you help her deal with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET AMMY, YOU ARE SO CUTE! I BET YOU WERE THE BEST SINGER! YOU LOOK SO PREETY IN YOUR DRESS! I KNOW SOMETHING THAT IS FUNE THAT DOESN'T CAUSE CANCER, LAUGHING! DO YOU KNOW A FUNNY JOKE? HOW BOUT THE ONE WERE THERE WERE 2 ROBBERS TRYING TO BREAK INTO A POTATO FARMER'S HOUSE. THEY STUFFED ALL KINDS OF THINGS IN THE POTATO SACKS BUT THEN THE ROBBERS HEARD THE FARMER COME BACK & THEY JUMPED INTO THE POTATO SACKS. THE FARMER COMES IN AND NOTICES THE SACKS & KICKES IT THE ROBBER INSIDE SAYS mooooooo! THE FARM KICKES THE NEXT SACK AND THE ROBBER INSIDE SAYS meow! THE FARMER SCRATHCHES HIS HEAD & KICKS THE 3RD BAG & THE ROBBER INSIDE SAYS po tae toe!! HA HA HA LOVE YOU, AUNT MOLLY

    ReplyDelete